Monday, June 18, 2012

Thrift Store Lamp

So I have become a little addicted to going to thrift stores and looking for sweet deals. When I found this lamp I knew I wanted it, BAD. I had been looking for a cute lamp to give my room a tiny makeover but couldn't find the right one. BUT it was priced at 5 bucks. I kinda thought that was a little pricey for a small table lamp that had some stains on it so I put it back (sort of hiding it in the corner for knowone else to see). I procedded to buy a cute octagon end table for 9 dollars which I will post on once I am completed. At the checkout stand I was given a 50% off coupon for the next day. I am also a coupon girl so I thought SCORE! I couldn't get that dang lamp out of my mind so the next day I jammed to the thrift store and got my precious lamp for $2.50!!! After whiping it off the stains disapeared and I was left with this..
Super cute right? I love the lines. I was really excited that it cleaned up so nicely but I had already bought the spray paint at home depot so I felt I had to paint it. Plus, I already had a white lamp shade..white on white is a little boring for me. So I primed and painted using a Rust-oleum primer and Winter Gray color. Once I had the little number all painted up I was super excited about the outcome..BUT it still was missing something. My mom recently bought an awesome deep red colored lamp with tassels hanging on the rim of the shade that I fell in love with and wanted to secretly snatch away from her (being in the living room I think she would notice quickly). So I thought AHHH-HA I'll add some tassels. To Joanns I went, found the trim asile and went to searching. There were many on clearance but none that would look good with the new gray color and match my room decor of black furniture and light green bed spread. THEN I found it. An awesome beaded trim with light greeen and clear beads. I had to have it. After looking at the price per yard, having a little heartattack at the expense then telling myself "hey you bought the lamp for $2.50 go for it!" I made the buy. A little hot glue gun action and my masterpiece was complete. I am SOOO loving the look and think I will keep it on all night and stare at the beauty when I wake up in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment